An in-house or freelance position at the language industry (translation, terminology, localization) where I can apply all my linguistic and general knowledge and translation skills.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 11-year experience as an in-house and freelance translator.
- Experience as a project manager in the translation industry.
- Command of idiomatic Russian, Spanish and English vocabulary and grammar.
- General erudition and intimate familiarity with Russian and Mexican cultures.
- Ability to edit and review other translations.
- Ability to translate legal documents.
- Ability to translate medical documents (including clinical trials).
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent research skills.
- Extensive computer experience, including CAT tools (memoQ 2015, Wordfast Pro, SDL Trados Studio 2015).
- Self-deprecating humor and constant borderline inappropriate jokes.
2012–present Word Factor translation agency (project manager)
2011–2012 Grupo Samsung Ingeniería México (in-house translator)
2010–2011 Avantpage translation agency (project manager)
2009–2010 Fastus Traductores translation agency (in-house translator, editor, project manager)
2002–Present Freelance English to Spanish (proofread by a native Mexican Spanish speaker), and Spanish/English to Russian translations.
Translated a series of books on a variety of subjects (medicine, art, psychology, music, general science) for the Mexico-based Tomo publishing house.
2005–2006 Servicios Profesionales de Traducción translation agency. The position involved the translation of various business letters and documents (including contracts for a leading Mexican telecommunications company) from Spanish to English and vice versa.